Core concepts include:
- Role of a Chaperone
- Typical process for becoming a chaperone
- High risk plans and chaperone contracts
- Coping with high risk situations
- Common guidelines and requirements
- Explanation of supervised contact with minors
- Misconceptions of a “typical sex offender”
- Cycle of Abuse and coping skills
- Importance of accountability vs accountability defenses (tactics)
- Elements of a satisfying lifestyle as a self-assessment for risk/need
- Introduction to all elements of The Cognitive Model for Change to include healthy vs. risky thinking (distortions)
- Use of polygraphs
This refresher also allows for discussion about how the chaperone process is going, receive support, and evaluate if any changes or help is needed. The focus is building a successful and satisfying life within safe guidelines. You are asked to complete preparation work before attending the course. This course is attended only by the Chaperone Candidate and is not attended by the Sponsee. Thank you in advance for your willingness to provide support for your Sponsee’s path to success.
Certificate of completion is provided.