Texas Community Supervision Alternatives, LLC (TCSA) provides a Texas Department of State Health Services licensed Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Program designed to provide in-depth treatment for clients experiencing chronic problems with alcohol/drugs and other dependence.
Independent Contractor FT Counselor(s)
Position: Seeking Independent Subcontractor FT Counselor (s) to provide Intensive Outpatient Treatments services in North Austin. Evenings/Some Weekends. This position is perfect for individual seeking non-traditional work schedules or seeking to supplement full-time employment.
Objective: To provide Intensive Outpatient Treatments services in North Austin.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizing CBT model provides client education by providing individual and group outpatient therapeutic sessions
- Maintains comprehensive clinical documentation that meets or exceeds Department of State Health Services standards.
- Performs clinical assessments to create a person-centered treatment plan establishing immediate and long term goals.
- Initiates case management needs with referring agencies which bring people, services, agencies, and other resources together within a planned framework of action working toward the achievement of established goals.
- Interfaces with referral sources providing information and status reports as required by the referring agency.
- Performs referral function by identifying the needs of clients and helping clients use available support systems and community resources.
- Manages, as directed, an individual caseload of 16 or less IOP clients.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings as required.
- Performs other related assignments as directed by the Executive Director
- Creates a treatment team model with referring agenc
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish effective rapport with clients
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on call
- A valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Education and Experience:
- Current LPC, LCDC, LMFT, LCSW or LMSW preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience working in the chemical dependency treatment field
- Criminal Justice experience preferred.
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Oral Communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer, copiers, and Fax machines.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Assistant Clinical Director/Executive Director